Our obligation to protect data
We consider our associates and listeners partners. This partnership also extends to the way we treat your personal data. For the BeatsRadio association that broadcasts RapBeats Radio (later only BeatsRadio) it is obvious to work with its members/listeners when it comes to protecting their privacy.
We only collect the data we need to make your experience with us easier. You decide what data is available to us. By transmitting the information to Beats Radio for a better service, you are helping to make our service better for everyone.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is protected and processed in accordance with the law. With this data protection declaration we inform you in detail about our data processing.
Scope of application
This data protection declaration applies to all activities of BeatsRadio.
In the event of any contradiction between this data protection declaration and the other applicable contractual or commercial conditions, the provisions of this data protection declaration shall take precedence over the others.
This data protection declaration applies to both existing and future personal data. By accepting the processing of your personal data, not only your personal data collected in the future, but also the data that we have already registered, will be processed in accordance with this data protection declaration.
When in this data protection declaration we refer to the processing of your personal data, we mean any operation carried out with them. This includes, for example, the collection, registration, management, use, transmission, disclosure or deletion of personal data.
We collect personal information to provide you with better services, for example to optimize our services, to personalize communication with members/listeners or to simplify operations during activities on the site so that you can get to your goal first.
Why we collect and process personal data
We collect and process personal data for various purposes which can be summarised in the following groups. We may process your personal data in particular for one or more of the following purposes.
Products and services for members/listeners
– Preparation and sale of our products and services for our members/listeners;
– processing of orders and contracts, including the sending of order and dispatch confirmations, delivery confirmations, delivery and invoicing;
– organisation and performance of services for members/listeners;
– organisation and performance of market research and opinion polling;
Communication with members/listeners
– Preparation, administration and carrying out of communication with associates/listeners through electronic means of communication;
– commercial communication by mail and telephone, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), messages with images (MMS), video messages or instant messaging;
– evaluation of the use of our offers by telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), image messages (MMS) or instant messaging, e.g. type of use, frequency and duration of use or exact location of use.
Contests and event organisation
– Organisation and holding of competitions or prize games, including information and publication of winners via our website, mobile apps or our offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks
– Organisation and development of special events such as advertising or sponsored events and other events.
Analysis of member/listener behaviour
– Individual and personal recording and analysis, or anonymously and by category, of the behaviour of members and past and current purchasing behaviour in relation to the use of services on our website, applications for mobile devices or Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks
– Identification, classification and individualised and personal analysis, or anonymously and by category, of the current and potential needs and interests of members/listeners
– Individualised and personal location and analysis, but also anonymously and by category, of the behaviour and potential of members/listeners
– Statistical analysis of member/listener behaviour based on anonymous customer data
– Comparison of new personal data collected from members/listeners with data already collected by us in the past
– Comparison of personal data with publicly accessible data and data collected from third parties for the purpose of improving our database and analysing the behaviour of the member/listener. Enrichment of profiles with third-party data consists, for example, of the integration of data from the Federal Statistical Office, calendars or geodata.
– Effective use of online and offline data by usefully combining existing records as a unified and target group-oriented approach to improve marketing measures
– Sending personalised communications by mail or telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging
– Individual and individual adaptation of offers on our website, applications for mobile devices or in our channels on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks
When we collect your personal data
We collect personal information when we have contact with you. The situations in which we have contact with you are numerous and include, for example, the following circumstances:
– Buy our services in our online shop
– When you connect to our radio stream, your IP address will be sent to our radio service provider to allow us to track listening trends and provide licensing agencies with royalty reports. Once our service provider receives your IP address, it is immediately anonymized, deleted and untraceable.
– Use customer support
– Receive a newsletter or other communication about our services
– Participate in a contest or a prize game
– Participate in one of our market research campaigns or our opinion poll
– Use or communicate with us or third parties through our website, our mobile apps or offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks
– Communicate with us by phone, fax, e-mail, voice mail, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging
– Get in touch with us at special events such as advertising and sponsored events or other events
The RapBeats Radio app for iOS App does not collect user data when it is installed or launched on your device.
The RapBeats Radio app for Android does not collect user data during use. In order to provide audio control while using the Phone App, the App will monitor the “status” of the Phone App (idle, on call, ended call), if applicable on the device. At no time will the App be able to listen to or retrieve phone or data numbers. The Android application also requires access to local memory. This is to store its configuration for faster launch times.
What personal data do we collect from you?
First of all, we collect personal data that you provide us, but also those that are recorded automatically or manually on our occasions of contact with you. What data we collect depends on the individual case. Among other things, we may collect the following personal data.
– Last name and first name
– Birthday and age
– Purchasing habits
– Information on purchasing power
– Member/listener and purchasing preferences
– Billing address
– Language preferences
– Telephone number(s)
– Email address(es)
– Identification number of your technological devices
– Information about newsletters you subscribe to or other advertisements
– Approval for sending advertising
– Customer’s online account information (including opening date, user names, profile images)
Data on customer activities:
– Contract data (including contract date, type of contract, subject matter, counterparty, duration of validity, contract value, claims under the contract)
– Information on purchases (including date of purchase, place and time, type of purchase, quantity and value of goods and services purchased, interruption of the purchase process, payment methods used, paying agency, history of purchases)
– Customer service information (including product returns, complaints, warranty cases)
– Session data of visits to our website, our mobile applications or our offers on Internet platforms, multimedia portals or social networks (including duration and frequency of visits, language and country preferences, browser and computer operating system information, IP addresses, search criteria and results, ratings expressed)
– Location data when using mobile devices
– Communications via telephone, fax, e-mail, voice messages, text messages (SMS), picture messages (MMS), video messages or instant messaging
How long do we keep your personal data?
We retain your personal information as long as we deem it necessary or appropriate for compliance with applicable laws, or as long as it is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected.
We will delete your personal data as soon as we no longer need it and in any case at the end of the maximum retention period prescribed by law.
To whom we forward your personal data
We do not forward your personal data to any other company or person. Beats Radio employees and associates can access this data for analysis and use only for the company’s own activities.
We can only transmit your personal data if we consider it necessary for compliance with applicable laws and regulations, in the event of legal proceedings, at the request of the courts and competent authorities or by virtue of other legal obligations to the file to protect and defend our rights or our property.
Under no circumstances do we sell your personal data to third parties.
How we protect your personal data
We have adequate technical and organisational measures in place to ensure the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We protect your personal data against unauthorised or accidental destruction/deletion, accidental loss, technical errors, falsification, theft or misuse and against unauthorised modification, copying, access or other processing.
However, you should be aware that the transmission of information via the Internet or other electronic means inevitably involves risks, and that therefore we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the security of the information transmitted through these channels.
How and which cookies we use
Most of the cookies we use are automatically deleted from your computer or mobile device at the end of the session. We also use persistent cookies that remain stored on your computer or mobile device at the end of the session. If you visit our site again, we will automatically recognize the entries and settings you prefer. These cookies are automatically deactivated when the scheduled period expires. They are used to make our site easier to use, more efficient and safer for you. For example, these cookies display information on the page that is tailored to your interests.
With the retargeting technology we use, we can target advertisers who are already interested in our online shop and products in a targeted manner. We are convinced that the display of individual and interest-based advertising is generally more attractive to the user than advertising without personal reference. The display of advertising media takes place in retargeting on the basis of a cookie-based analysis of the user’s previous behaviour. In this we work with partner companies. Therefore, when you visit our website, cookies from partner companies can also be saved on your computer or mobile device. These cookies are automatically deactivated when the scheduled period expires.
What data is saved in cookies
The cookies we use do not store any personal data. The cookies we use cannot be assigned to a specific person. When you activate a cookie, you are assigned an identification number.
How can you prevent cookies from being saved?
Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, you can set your browser to not accept cookies or to always ask you before storing a cookie from a site you visit. You can also delete cookies from your computer or mobile device by using the corresponding function in your browser. If you choose to disable our cookies or those of our partner companies, you will not see any information on our site and you will not be able to use features that may improve your visit.
How we evaluate log files
For technical reasons, every time you access our website your web browser transmits us a series of usage data. This data is stored in log files called log files. These are the following usage data: date and time of opening of our website, the IP address of your computer or mobile device, the address of the Internet page from which you come to our website, the amount of data transmitted and the name and version of your browser.
Evaluation of log files helps us to further improve our site and make it easier for the user, to find and resolve errors faster and to manage server capacity. For example, by using log files, we can determine when our site attracts most interest and provide you with the appropriate amount of data so that you can use it in the best possible way.
How we use Google Analytics for web analysis
Google uses the information generated by the cookie to evaluate your use of our website on our behalf, to compile reports on website activity and to make these available to us for analysis purposes. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where required to do so by law, or where such third parties process the information on Google’s behalf. Google will not associate your IP address with any other stored data under any circumstances.
You can prevent the installation and registration of cookies by setting your browser accordingly. However, we would like to point out that in this case you will no longer be able to see certain information on our website and that certain functions, which should improve your visit, may no longer be used.
By using this site you consent to the processing by Google in the manner described above and for the purpose stated.
How we use social plugins
On our website we offer recommendation buttons for the following social networks: Facebook, Twitter. They allow you to recommend to other Internet users the contents of the site you have selected through the respective social network and to add them to your personal profile. Recommendation buttons are provided by social network providers.
By placing these plugins on our website, the providers of the social networks concerned also receive the information that you have called up our website. If you are logged into one of these social networks during your visit to our site, the provider may assign it to your user account. If you do not want this attribution, we recommend that you disconnect from the social network before visiting our site.
If you use the commands/buttons, the corresponding information will be transmitted to the respective social network and saved there. Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection, further processing and use of data, and setting options to protect your privacy can be found in the data protection guidelines of the respective provider:
– Facebook: http://facebook.com/policy.php
– Twitter: http://twitter.com/privacy
You can prevent cookies from being saved by setting your browser accordingly (see above instruction).
About us (data collection holder)
The holder of the data collection is the Beats Radio Association, via Carlo Maderno 15, 6900 Lugano – Switzerland
How can you view your personal data
You have the right to obtain at any time information about your personal data processed with us, to request its rectification or completion, to object to its processing or to demand its deletion.
How to contact us
If you would like information about your personal data, if you would like to notify us of an update, if you would like to request its deletion or if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data or about this data protection declaration, you can contact us at the address:
BeatsRadio Association (no-profit)
via Carlo Maderno 15, 6900 Lugano – Switzerland
How we update this data protection declaration
At our discretion and without prior notice, we may from time to time update, amend, supplement or otherwise process this data protection declaration in order to be able to process your recorded personal data in another way. We recommend that you regularly check whether our data protection declaration has been updated.
via Carlo Maderno 15, 6900 Lugano – Svizzera